A size of paper between royal and crown. Its size is 22 1/2 in.
x 17 1/2 in. It is from the French word demi (half), and means
demi-royal (a small royal), royal being 25 in. x 20 in. The old
watermark is a fleur-de-lis.
of Magdalene College, Oxford, is a “superior” sort of scholar, half
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Demy' from Fact Monster:
- Demi Moore - Demi Moore (Demetria Guynes) actress Born: 11/11/1962 Birthplace: Roswell, New Mexico Film and ...
- Demi Moore - Biography of Demi Moore, The star of Ghost
- Demi Lovato - Biography of Demi Lovato, Teen star of the Disney movie Camp Rock
- Famous and Infamous Moms - Famous and Infamous Moms Mother Teresa, Rose Kennedy, and other notable mothers by Beth Rowen ...
- Bruce Willis - Bruce Willis actor Born: 3/19/1955 Birthplace: Idar-Oberstein, Germany Emmy Award-winning film and ...