or Diomed. King of Ætolia, in Greece, brave and obedient
to authority. He survived the siege of Troy; but on his return home
found his wife living in adultery, and saved his life by living an
exile in Italy. (Homer: Iliad.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Diomedes from Fact Monster:
- Diomede Islands - Diomede Islands Diomede Islands , pair of rocky islands in Bering Strait between Alaska and ...
- Diomedes - Diomedes Diomedes , in Greek legend. 1. Son of Tydeus, he was one of the principal Greek warriors ...
- Diomed - Diomed: Diomed: see Diomedes.
- Remy de Gourmont - Gourmont, Remy de Gourmont, Remy de , 1858–1915, French critic and novelist, leading critical ...
- Philoctetes - Philoctetes Philoctetes , in Greek mythology, son of Poias. He acquired, by gift, the bow and arrow ...