Castor and Pollux. (Greek, Dios kouros, young men of
Zeus; dios is gen. of Zeus.)
The horses of the Dioscuri.
Cyllaros and Harpagos. (See
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Dioscuri from Fact Monster:
- Dioscuri - Dioscuri: Dioscuri: see Castor and Pollux.
- Castor and Pollux - Castor and Pollux Castor and Pollux , in classical mythology, twin heroes called the Dioscuri; ...
- Mikon - Mikon Mikon , fl. c.460 B.C., Greek painter and sculptor. In collaboration with Polygnotus he ...
- Greek and Roman Mythology - Greek and Roman Mythology Most of the Greek deities were adopted by the Romans, although in many ...
- Encyclopedia: Folklore and Mythology - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Folklore and Mythology.