(To). To make a casual call, not invited; to pay an
informal visit. The allusion is to fruit and other things falling down
suddenly, unexpectedly, or accidentally. It is the intransitive
verb, not the transitive, which means to “let fall.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Drop in from Fact Monster:
- Operation Dumbo Drop - Synopsis, rating, and other information
- Weather: Droplet to Drop … How Rain Happens - Weather Droplet to Drop … How Rain Happens Weather Bring on the Rain Droplet to Drop ...
- D - F - D - F database A collection of similar information stored in a file, such as a database of ...
- ohmmeter - ohmmeter ohmmeter , instrument used to measure the electrical resistance of a conductor. It is ...
- Analogy Quiz - (What is an analogy?) SECURE : RISKY :: _____ : descend Hint follow drop rise Word Quiz Spelling ...