Diminutive of “duck,” a term of endearment = darling or beloved
one. (Norwegian and Danish, dukke, a doll, a baby.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Duckie from Fact Monster:
- What does it mean? - ambrosial --Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format Which one of these Muppets sings ...
- David McCallum - Biography of David McCallum, Dr. 'Ducky' Mallard on the TV show NCIS
- Jill Ireland - Jill Ireland actress, producer, writer Born: 4/24/1936 Birthplace: London, England Jill Ireland ...
- Jon Cryer - Biography of Jon Cryer, Alan Harper on the sitcom Two and a Half Men
- Bert and Ernie - Biography of Bert and Ernie, Comic pair from TV's Sesame Street