(A). A drenching. (German, ducken, to dive under
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Ducking from Fact Monster:
- Duck Lake - Duck Lake Duck Lake, small lake, central Sask., Canada, SW of Prince Albert. It was the scene of ...
- duck - duck duck, common name for wild and domestic waterfowl of the family Anatidae, which also includes ...
- duck hawk - duck hawk: duck hawk: see falcon.
- Howard the Duck - Starring Lea Thompson, Jeffrey Jones, Tim Robbins, Ed Gale, Chip Zien
- The Mighty Ducks - Starring Emilio Estevez, Joss Ackland, Lane Smith, Heidi Kling, Josef Sommer