(See Charing Cross.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Eleanor Crosses from Fact Monster:
- Eleanor of Castile - Eleanor of Castile Eleanor of Castile , d.1290, queen consort of Edward I of England and daughter ...
- Eleanor Crosses - Eleanor Crosses: Eleanor Crosses: see Eleanor of Castile.
- Northampton, city, England - Northampton Northampton, city (1991 pop. 154,172) and district, Northamptonshire, central England, ...
- cross: In Christianity - In Christianity The most frequent use of a cross is among Christians, to whom it recalls the ...
- Encyclopedia: British and Irish History: Biographies - Encyclopeadia articles concerning British and Irish History: Biographies.