In the Black Dwarf, by Sir Walter Scott, are seven of
that name, viz. Halbert or Hobbie Elliot, of the Heugh-foot (a
farmer); Mrs. Elliot, his grandmother; John and Harry, his brothers;
and Lilias, Jean, and Arnot, his sisters.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Elliot from Fact Monster:
- Denholm Elliott - Denholm Elliott actor Born: 5/31/1922 Birthplace: London, England Actor who took to the stage and ...
- Minto, Gilbert John Elliot-Murray-Kynynmound, 4th earl of - Minto, Gilbert John Elliot-Murray-Kynynmound, 4th earl of Minto, Gilbert John ...
- John Elliot Cairnes - Cairnes, John Elliot Cairnes, John Elliot , 1823–75, Irish economist, a follower of John ...
- Cass Elliot - Biography of Cass Elliot, Member of the pop group The Mamas & The Papas
- 2009 Tony (Antoinette Perry) Awards - 2009 Tony (Antoinette Perry) Awards honoring distinguished achievement in Broadway theater.