contracted into Ant thus, Em't, ent, ant
“A bracelet made of emmets' eyes.”
Drayton:Court of Fairies.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Emmet from Fact Monster:
- Robert Emmet - Emmet, Robert Emmet, Robert, 1778–1803, Irish nationalist and revolutionary. He studied at ...
- Thomas Addis Emmet - Emmet, Thomas Addis Emmet, Thomas Addis, 1764–1827, Irish-American lawyer, b. Cork, Ireland, ...
- Robert Emmet Sherwood - Sherwood, Robert Emmet Sherwood, Robert Emmet, 1896–1955, American dramatist, b. New ...
- Robert Emmet BURKE - BURKE, Robert Emmet (1847—1901) BURKE, Robert Emmet, a Representative from Texas; born near ...
- M. Emmet Walsh - Biography of M. Emmet Walsh, Co-star of Blood Simple