is something sent to another. A letter sent by messenger or
post. (Greek, epi-stello.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Epistle from Fact Monster:
- epistle - epistle epistle , in the Bible, a letter of the New Testament. The Pauline Epistles (ascribed to ...
- Timothy, epistles in the New Testament - Timothy Timothy, two letters of the New Testament. With Titus they comprise the Pastoral Epistles, ...
- Titus, epistle of the New Testament - Titus Titus, letter of the New Testament. With First and Second Timothy, it comprises the Pastoral ...
- Epistles of Abgar - Abgar, Epistles of: Abgar, Epistles of: see Pseudepigrapha.
- Pastoral Epistles - Pastoral Epistles: Pastoral Epistles: name for the New Testament letters of Timothy and Titus.