John Scotus, called “Scotus the Wise,” who died 886. He must
not be confounded with Duns Scottus the schoolman, who lived some four
centuries after him (1265-1308).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Erigena from Fact Monster:
- John Scotus Erigena - Erigena, John Scotus Erigena, John Scotus [Lat. Scotus=Irish, Erigena=born in Ireland], ...
- William Erigena ROBINSON - ROBINSON, William Erigena (1814—1892) ROBINSON, William Erigena, a Representative from New ...
- Scotus - Scotus: Scotus: see Erigena, John Scotus; Duns Scotus.
- John Scotus - John Scotus: John Scotus: see Duns Scotus, John; Erigena, John Scotus.
- Hincmar - Hincmar Hincmar , 806–82, Frankish canonist and theologian, archbishop of Reims (from 845). ...