(Latin, proceeding only from one of the parties). An
ex-parte statement is a one-sided statement, a partial statement, a
statement made by one of the litigants without being modified by the
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Ex Parte from Fact Monster:
- ex parte Merryman - Merryman, ex parte Merryman, ex parte, case decided in 1861 by Chief Justice Roger B. Taney sitting ...
- ex parte Milligan - Milligan, ex parte Milligan, ex parte, case decided by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1866. By ...
- Augustus Hill Garland - Garland, Augustus Hill Garland, Augustus Hill, 1832–99, American lawyer and politician, b. ...
- martial law - martial law martial law, temporary government and control by military authorities of a territory or ...
- Encyclopedia: Court Cases - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Court Cases.