Examen is Latin for the needle indicator of a balance. To
examine is to watch the indicator, so as to adjust the balance.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Examination from Fact Monster:
- Chinese examination system - Chinese examination system Chinese examination system, civil service recruitment method and ...
- post-mortem examination - post-mortem examination post-mortem examination or autopsy,systematic examination of a cadaver for ...
- examination system - examination system: examination system: see Chinese examination system.
- cross-examination - cross-examination: cross-examination: see evidence.
- EXAMINING FOOTPRINTS - It has been said that the footprints of a dinosaur can tell us more about the dinosaur than its skeleton. This is because footprints are a record of t