To take exception. To feel offended; to find fault with.
“Her manner was so ... respectful, that I could not take exception to
this reproof.” —Farjeon.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Exception from Fact Monster:
- Encyclopedia: Peoples (except New World) - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Peoples (except New World).
- Eumetazoa - Eumetazoa Eumetazoa , subkingdom of the animal kingdom comprising all animals except the sponges ...
- Poetry for the Seasons - Poetry hononoring spring, summer, and fall
- Julio Argentino Roca - Roca, Julio Argentino Roca, Julio Argentino , 1843–1914, general who became president of ...
- Planudes Maximus - Planudes Maximus Planudes Maximus or Maximus Planudes,c.1260–c.1330, Byzantine scholar, an ...