(A). A hobby, a temporary fancy, a whim. A contraction
of faddle in “fiddle-faddle.”
“Among the fads that Charley had taken up for a time was that of
collecting old prints.” —Eggleston: Faith Doctor, chap. iii.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Fad from Fact Monster:
- Fads: Believe It or Not, They're Business - Fads: Believe It or Not, They're Business Once in a while, someone has a great idea that ...
- Scooter Mania - Scads of Scooters Not just for kids anymore by Holly Hartman [ Take our Transportation Quiz!! ] New ...
- Year in Review 2000 | Pop Culture Trends - America's pop culture trends and fads of 2000
- Fashion and Dress: Hats, shoes, gloves, pants, Haute Couture - Learn about haute couture; the history of jeans, sneakers, and underpants; find a glossary of fashion terms, fashion firsts, colors, and much more.
- What Goes Around Comes Around - What Goes Around Comes Around Everything old is new again. In the world of fashion, most ...