Faint heart ne'er won fair lady.
“The bold a way will find or make.”
King: Orpheus and Eurydice.
“Faint harts faire ladies neuer win.” (1569.)
Philobiblion Society's Publications
(1827, p. 22).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Faint from Fact Monster:
- fainting - fainting fainting or syncope, temporary loss of consciousness caused by an insufficient supply of ...
- first aid: Fainting - Fainting Symptoms: Unconsciousness, paleness, rapid pulse, coldness of the skin, sweating. ...
- zodiacal light - zodiacal light zodiacal light or zodiacal band,a faint band of light sometimes seen in the western ...
- first aid - first aid first aid, immediate and temporary treatment of a victim of sudden illness or injury ...
- Twilight Quiz: 1 - How much do you know about Edward Cullen, Bella Swan, and the vampires that make up the best-selling Twilight by Stephanie Meyer? Take the quiz!