Fair Maid of Anjou.
Lady Edith Plantagenet, who married David, Prince Royal of
Scotland. Fair Maid of February. The snow-drop, which blossoms
Fair Maid of Kent.
Joan, Countess of Salisbury, wife of the Black Prince, and only
daughter of Edmond Plantagenet, Earl of Kent. She had been twice
married ere she gave her hand to the prince.
Fair Maid of Norway.
Margaret, daughter of Eric II. of Norway, and granddaughter of
Alexander III. of Scotland. Being recognised by the states of Scotland
as successor to the throne, she set out for her new kingdom, but died
on her passage from seasickness. (1290.)
Fair Maid of Perth.
Katie Glover, the most beautiful young woman of Perth. Heroine of
Scott's novel of the same name.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Fair Maid from Fact Monster:
- Joan of Kent - Joan of Kent Joan of Kent, 1328–85, English noblewoman; daughter of Edmund of Woodstock, earl ...
- Georges Bizet - Bizet, Georges Bizet, Georges , 1838–75, French operatic composer. The son of professional ...
- Thomas Heywood - Heywood, Thomas Heywood, Thomas, 1574?–1641, English dramatist. A prolific writer, he claimed ...
- porgy - porgy porgy , common name for members of the Sparidae, a family of small-mouthed fishes with strong ...
- Sir Walter Scott: Later Life and Works - Later Life and Works In 1825 Scott was ruined financially. He had assumed responsibility for the ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring