Defender of the Faith. (See Defender.)
In good faith.
“Bona fide;” “de bonne foi;”
with no ulterior motive.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Faith from Fact Monster:
- The Top Ten: Organized Religions of the World - December 17 - 24 Top Ten Organized Religions of the World Statistics of the world's religions ...
- faith - faith: faith: see creed.
- Table of the Major Faiths - Table of the Major Faiths Judaism Christianity Islam Hinduism Buddhism Founder The Hebrew leader ...
- creed - creed creed [Lat. credo=I believe], summary of basic doctrines of faith. The following are ...
- faith healing - faith healing faith healing, relief or cure of bodily ills through some religious attitude on the ...