in Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress, is seized at Vanity
Fair, burnt to death, and taken to heaven in a chariot of fire. A
Puritan used to be called Brother Faithful. The abiding
disciples of any cult are called the faithful.
The hero of Captain Marryat's novel so called. Father of the
faithful. Abraham (Rom. iv.; Gal. iii. 6-9).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Faithful from Fact Monster:
- The Top Ten: Organized Religions of the World - December 17 - 24 Top Ten Organized Religions of the World Statistics of the world's religions ...
- faith - faith: faith: see creed.
- Faith Hill - Faith Hill country-pop singer Born: 9/21/1967 Birthplace: Jackson, Mississippi Hill's ability ...
- Faith Hill - Biography of Faith Hill, Tim McGraw's wife and singer of "Wild One"
- Table of the Major Faiths - Table of the Major Faiths Judaism Christianity Islam Hinduism Buddhism Founder The Hebrew leader ...