(1 syl.). Fake away. Cut away, make off (Latin, fac,
do, make). It also means to do—i.e. to cheat or swindle.
A single fold of a coiled cable. (Scotch, faik,
to involve; Saxon, fægan,
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Fake from Fact Monster:
- Secret Languages/Mystery Messages - Secret Languages/Mystery Messages Moparopyop hopadop a lopitoptoplope lopamopbop. That means ...
- forgery, in art: Bibliography - Bibliography See P. B. Coremans, Van Meegeren's Faked Vermeers and De Hooghs (tr. 1949); B. ...
- Elmyr de Hory - Biography of Elmyr de Hory, Art forger and author of the book Fake!
- What does it mean? - Counterfeit Counterfeit money is fake. was used in colonial times. can be exchanged legally in any ...
- What does it mean? - forgery --Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format “This painting is a ...