meaning “hatred,” is the Saxon fæhth (hatred); but feud,
a “fief,” is the Teutonic fee-odh (trust-land). (See below.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Feud from Fact Monster:
- feud - feud feud, formalized private warfare, especially between family groups. The blood feud (see ...
- blood feud - blood feud: blood feud: see vendetta.
- vendetta - vendetta vendetta [Ital.,=vengeance], feud between members of two kinship groups to avenge a wrong ...
- Richard Dawson - Biography of Richard Dawson, The host of Family Feud
- Tezcatlipoca - Tezcatlipoca Tezcatlipoca , ancient deity of the Toltec in Mexico. Identified with the night sky, ...