Predestined to early death. When a person suddenly changes his
wonted manner of life, as when a miser becomes liberal, or a churl
good-humoured, he is said in Scotch to be fey, and near the
point of death.
“She must be fey (said Triptolemus), and in that case has not long to
live.” —Sir W. Scott: The Pirate, chap.v.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Fey from Fact Monster:
- Tina Fey - Biography of Tina Fey, Saturday Night Live writer who then starred in 30 Rock
- Comediennes - The funniest women around
- Tracy Morgan - Biography of Tracy Morgan, Tracy Jordan on TV's 30 Rock
- 2007–2008 Primetime Emmy Awards - 2007–2008 Primetime Emmy Awards Drama Series: Mad Men (AMC) Actor: Bryan Cranston, Breaking ...
- Year in Review, 2009: Entertainment Awards - An overview of national and international events, people in the news, timelines, and quizzes|Find the winners of the most prestigious awards, from the Oscars to the Pulitzer Prizes