The light-fingered gentry. Priggers, qui ungues hamatos et uncos
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Fingered from Fact Monster:
- Finger Lakes - Finger Lakes Finger Lakes, group of 11 narrow glacial lakes in north to south valleys, W central ...
- Rollie Fingers - Rollie Fingers Born: Aug. 25, 1946 Baseball RHP relief ace with 341 career saves; won AL MVP and Cy ...
- Mordecai (Three-Finger) Brown - Mordecai (Three-Finger) Brown Born: Oct. 18, 1876 Baseball nickname derived from injury in a ...
- Mordecai 'Three Finger' Brown - Biography of Mordecai 'Three Finger' Brown, The hotshot pitcher with a mangled hand, ca. 1910
- Canandaigua Lake - Canandaigua Lake: Canandaigua Lake: see Finger Lakes.