(The). The five confederated Indian tribes, viz. the
Mohawks, Oneidas, Onondagas, Cayugas, and Senecas. Known as the Iroquois Confederacy.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Five Nations from Fact Monster:
- Five Nations - Five Nations: Five Nations: see Iroquois Confederacy.
- Iroquois Confederacy - Iroquois Confederacy Iroquois Confederacy or Iroquois League, North American confederation of ...
- European Union (EU) Expands to Twenty-Five Nations - European Union (EU) Expands to Twenty-Five Nations Ten countries formally joined the European Union ...
- AMERICAN INDIANS - The lands of North America were originally occupied by a wide variety of American Indian peoples, each with their own language and culture. Ways of li
- New Nations Guide - A Guide to New Nations Fledgling countries that have emerged since the 1990s by David Johnson NEW ...