I must have a fling at.. Throw a stone at something. To attack with
words, especially sarcastically. To make a haphazard venture. Allusion
is to hurling stones from slings.
To have his fling.
To live on the loose for a time. To fling about his time and money
like “ducks and drakes.”
“If he is young, he desires to have his `fling' before he is
compelled to settle down” —Nineteenth Century (February,1892,
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Fling from Fact Monster:
- Highland fling - Highland fling Highland fling, national dance of Highland Scotland. Composed in the duple rhythm of ...
- George Washington Doane - Doane, George Washington Doane, George Washington, 1799–1859, Episcopal bishop of New Jersey ...
- Memorable Olympic Moments: Kerri Strug - Summer Olympics memorable moments of Kerri Strug
- John Richard Hersey - Hersey, John Richard Hersey, John Richard , 1914–93, American author, b. China, grad. Yale, ...
- folk dance - folk dance folk dance, primitive, tribal, or ethnic form of the dance, sometimes the survival of ...