A coquette. The word is from the verb flirt, as, “to flirt a
fan.” The fan being used for coquetting, those who coquetted were
called fan-flirts. Lady Frances Shirley, the favourite of Lord
Chesterfield, introduced the word. Flirt is allied to flutter, flit,
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Flirt from Fact Monster:
- Sexual Harassment - Sexual Harassment In a 1992 survey of girls in grades 2 through 12, 89% of the respondents said ...
- Top 10 Polyphonic Ringtones, 2007 - Top 10 Polyphonic Ringtones, 2007 Rank Title Artist 1. “Buy U A Drank” T-Pain 2. ...
- Patricia Arquette - Patricia Arquette actress Born: 4/8/1968 Birthplace: Chicago Granddaughter of the late television ...
- Mary Tyler Moore - Mary Tyler Moore actress Born: 12/29/1936 Birthplace: Brooklyn, New York Emmy Award-winning ...
- Naomi Watts - Biography of Naomi Watts, The star of The Ring films