(A), in cards, means a whole hand of one suit, as a
“flush of clubs,” a “flush of hearts,” etc. (See below.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Flush from Fact Monster:
- Vlissingen - Vlissingen Vlissingen or Flushing, city (1994 pop. 44,211), Zeeland prov., SW Netherlands, on the ...
- Flushing, city, Netherlands - Flushing Flushing, Netherlands: see Vlissingen.
- Flushed Away - Starring Kate Winslet, Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen, Andy Serkis, Bill Nighy
- Flushing, part of Queens, New York City, United States - Flushing Flushing, former village, now in N Queens borough of New York City, SE N.Y.; chartered ...
- John Watson LAWRENCE - LAWRENCE, John Watson (1800—1888) LAWRENCE, John Watson, a Representative from New York; born ...