Fly a Kite
(To). To send a begging letter to persons of a
charitable reputation, or in easy circumstances, to solicit pecuniary
aid, urging poverty, losses, or sickness as an excuse. (See
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Fly a Kite from Fact Monster:
- Digging to China and Other Adventures - Digging to China and Other Adventures Digging to China If you could dig to China, you'd have to ...
- Margret Rey - Margret Rey children's writer Born: 1906 Birthplace: Hamburg, Germany With her late husband, ...
- Benjamin Franklin: Scientist - Scientist Franklin had steadily extended his own knowledge by study of foreign languages, ...
- TOYS - A toy is an object that is designed to be played with. Toys are entertaining and often educational. There are traditional toys—such as dolls, balls, a
- Lightning (storm data, deaths, lightning myths, and safety tips) - Read about lightning myths, facts, and data from Storm Data about the number of lightning-related deaths and how to stay safe during a lightning storm.