Foods and Wines
Sterlets from the Volga.
Eels from the Tiber.
Grouse from Scotland.
Bustards from Sweden.
Bears' feet from the Black Forest.
Bison humps from America.
Fillet of beef à la Chateaubriand.
Ortolans à la Lucullus.
Old Madeira with the soup.
Chateau-Filhot `58 with the side dishes
Johannisberger and Pichon-Longueville with the rélevés.
Chateau-Lafitte `48 with the entrées.
Sparkling Moselle with the roast.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Foods and Wines from Fact Monster:
- Chechnya - Chechnya Chechnya or Chechen Republic, region (1990 est. pop. 1,300,000, with neighboring ...
- Sybille Bedford - Bedford, Sybille Bedford, Sybille, 1911–2006, English writer, b. Charlottenberg, Germany, as ...
- Irish Proverbs - Irish Proverbs Many quips a strong man will make compiled by Ann-Marie Imbornoni A good beginning ...
- Calabria - Calabria Calabria , region (1991 pop. 2,070,203), 5,822 sq mi (15,079 sq km), S Italy, a peninsula ...
- WESTERN EUROPE - Many countries of Western Europe combine successful industry with abundant agriculture and a booming tourist trade. As a result, most people here enjo