Forgiveness to the injured doth belong.
But they ne'er pardon who have done the wrong.
of Granada, part ii. act i.
“Proprium humani generis, odisse quem laceris.” —Tacitus.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Forgiveness from Fact Monster:
- What does it mean? - magnanimous --Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format Feeling very magnanimous, Steve ...
- Yom Kippur - Yom Kippur Yom Kippur [Heb.,=day of atonement], in Judaism, the most sacred holy day, falling on ...
- amnesty - amnesty amnesty , in law, exemption from prosecution for criminal action. It signifies forgiveness ...
- Famous Couples | John Alden and Priscilla Mullins - One of the earliest romances in the American colonies
- karma - karma karma or karman, [Skt.,=action, work, or ritual], basic concept common to Hinduism, Buddhism, ...