called by the Welsh Fairy's glove and by the Irish
Fairy-bells, is either a corruption of Folk's glove —i.e.
the glove of the good folks or fairies, or else of the Saxon fox
[es]glofa, red or fox-coloured glove. (French, gants de Notre
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Foxglove from Fact Monster:
- foxglove - foxglove: foxglove: see figwort.
- digitalis - digitalis digitalis , any of several chemically similar drugs used primarily to increase the force ...
- medicinal plants - medicinal plants medicinal plants, plants used as natural medicines. This practice has existed ...
- figwort: Common Species and Their Uses - Common Species and Their Uses Among its many wildflowers are several European species that have ...
- Plants that Kill - Plants that Kill —By Arden Dore Have you ever heard the saying “Don’t judge a ...