Son of Niörd, the Van. He was the Scandinavian god of fertility and
peace, and the dispenser of rain. Frey was the patron god of Sweden and
Iceland, he rode on the boar Gullinbursti, and his sword was
self-acting. (See Gerda.)
Niörd was not of the Æsir. He, with his son and daughter, presided
over the sea, the clouds, the air, and water generally. They belonged
to the Vanir.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Frey from Fact Monster:
- Frey - Frey Frey , Norse god. He was a beneficent deity associated with the fertilizing powers of the sun ...
- Oliver Walter FREY - FREY, Oliver Walter (1887—1939) FREY, Oliver Walter, a Representative from Pennsylvania; born ...
- Gymnastics - Gymnastics MEN Event Score Individual Combined Exercises Alfred Schwarzmann, GER 113.100 Eugen ...
- Freyja - Freyja Freyja or Freya, Norse goddess of love, marriage, and fertility. Her identity and attributes ...
- Leading Medal Winners - Leading Medal Winners Number of individual medals won on the left; gold, silver and bronze ...