To be in a funk may be the Walloon “In de fonk zün,” literally to “be in the smoke.” Colloquially to be in a state of
trepidation from uncertainty or apprehension of evil.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Funk from Fact Monster:
- Casimir Funk - Funk, Casimir Funk, Casimir , 1884–1967, American biochemist, b. Poland, Ph.D. Univ. of Bern, ...
- Isaac Kauffman Funk - Isaac Kauffman Funk lexicographer, publisher Born: 9/10/1839 Birthplace: Clifton, Ohio After 9 ...
- Rick James - Biography of Rick James, Funky singer of "Super Freak"
- Popular Music Glossary - Popular Music Glossary acid rock Rock music with a repetitive beat and lyrics that suggest ...
- Prince - Biography of Prince, The funky star who recorded 1999 and changed his name to a symbol