(g hard). Gadding from place to place. Wandering
from pillar to post without any profitable purpose.
“Give water no passage, neither a wicked woman liberty to gad
abroad.” —Ecclesiasticus xxv.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Gad from Fact Monster:
- Gad - Gad Gad, in the Bible, son of Jacob and Zilpah and eponymous founder of one of the 12 tribes of ...
- gadding machine - gadding machine: gadding machine: see quarrying.
- Migdal-gad - Migdal-gad Migdal-gad , in the Bible, town, SW ancient Palestine.
- Baal-gad - Baal-gad Baal-gad , in the Bible, place at the foot of Mt. Hermon. It represented the northern ...
- Dibon - Dibon Dibon or Dibon-gad,ancient city, E of the Dead Sea, now a ruin called Dhiban. The Moabite ...