or Sir Galaad (g hard). Son of Sir Launcelot and
Elaine, one of the Knights of the Round Table, so pure in life that he
was successful in his search for the Sangrail. Tennyson has a poem on
the subject, called The Holy Grail.
There Galaad sat, with manly grace,
Yet maiden meekness in his face.
Sir W. Scott: Bridal of Triermain, ii. 13.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Galahad from Fact Monster:
- Sir Galahad - Galahad, Sir Galahad, Sir , hero of Arthurian legend. He was the son of Launcelot and Elaine, the ...
- Edward G. Robinson - Robinson, Edward G. Robinson, Edward G., 1893–1973, American movie actor, b. Bucharest, ...
- Holy Grail - Grail, Holy Grail, Holy, a feature of medieval legend and literature. It appears variously as a ...
- John Erskine, American educator, author, and musician - Erskine, John Erskine, John, 1879–1951, American educator, author, and musician, b. New York ...
- Sir Launcelot - Launcelot, Sir Launcelot, Sir , in Arthurian legend, bravest and most celebrated knight at the ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring