(To). To gain; to procure; to obtain.
Get wealth and place, if possible with grace:
If not, by any means get wealth and place.
Horace (Satires says: “Rem facis, recte si possis; si non, rem facis.)”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Get from Fact Monster:
- Ivan Getting - Ivan Getting Born: 1912 Global Positioning System—GPS. During the 1950s, Getting advanced the ...
- How do we get sick? - How do we get sick? We get sick when we have to fight off viruses or bacteria that have invaded our ...
- How do I get diabetes? - How do I get diabetes? There are two types of “sugar” diabetes. One is an inherited ...
- The Quarter Gets Changed - A new quarter for every state
- Why do we get body odor? - Why do we get body odor? Most people think we get body odor from sweat. But that's only ...