(g hard). Have you found a giggle's nest? A
question asked in Norfolk when anyone laughs immoderately and
senselessly. The meaning is, “Have you found a nest of romping girls
that you laugh so?” Giglet is still in common use in the West of
England for a giddy, romping, Tom-boy girl, and in Salop a flighty
person is called a “giggle.” (See Gape's-Nest.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Giggle from Fact Monster:
- What does it mean? - chagrin --Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format Pedro showed that he was feeling ...
- Damon Wayans - Damon Wayans actor, comedian, writer, producer Born: 9/4/1960 Birthplace: New York City As was the ...
- Nannie Doss - Biography of Nannie Doss, "The Jolly Black Widow" serial killer
- Pillsbury Doughboy - Biography of Pillsbury Doughboy, Star of Pillsbury TV commercials
- Emily Osment - Biography of Emily Osment, Lilly on TV's Hannah Montana