(g soft) i.e. Jesus. A corruption of Jesus or J.
H. S. Ophelia says “By Gis and by St. Charity.” (Hamlet, iv.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Gis from Fact Monster:
- The Geography Guide - Newest country, deepest ocean, largest island, and more
- navigation satellite - navigation satellite navigation satellite, artificial satellite designed expressly to aid the ...
- Lana Turner - Biography of Lana Turner, The sultry actress discovered at Schwab's Drugstore
- Bob Hope - Biography of Bob Hope, The comedian who entertained GIs
- Landscape Architect - Landscape Architect What is this job like? Parks. Playgrounds. Colleges. Soccer fields. Shopping ...