(Anglo-Saxon, gan, ic ga, I go.)
Here's a go
or Here's a pretty go.
Here's a mess or awkward state of
affairs. It is no go.
It is not workable. “Ça ira,
the French Revolution (it will go), is a similar phrase. (See
Great Go, and Little Go.)
(The). All the go. Quite the fashion; very
popular; la vogue.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Go from Fact Monster:
- go - go go or i-go,a board game popular in Japan that probably originated in China or India as long ago ...
- Why do men go bald? - Why do men go bald? Men can lose their hair at any time in their lives, not only when they grow ...
- i-go - i-go: i-go: see go.
- Chase Going WOODHOUSE - WOODHOUSE, Chase Going (1890—1984) WOODHOUSE, Chase Going, a Representative from Connecticut; ...
- All Dogs Go to Heaven - Starring Dom DeLuise, Burt Reynolds, Daryl Gilley