A corruption of ogles, eyeshades. (Danish, oog,
an eye; Spanish, ojo; or from the Welsh, gogelu, to
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Goggles from Fact Monster:
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Book vs. Movie Quiz: 1 - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Book vs. Movie Quiz There are several differences between ...
- The Diet Coke and Mentos Video Guys - Biography of The Diet Coke and Mentos Video Guys, Stars of the 'Diet Coke fountain' Internet videos
- praseodymium - praseodymium praseodymium [Gr., =green twin], metallic chemical element; symbol Pr; at. no. 59; at. ...
- neodymium - neodymium neodymium , metallic chemical element; symbol Nd; at. no. 60; at. wt. 144.24; m.p. about ...
- COMPUTERS - An electronic machine that uses binary code to store and process data is a computer. Binary code can represent numbers, text, sounds, pictures, and mo