The Golden (“Auratus”). So Jean Dorat, one of the Pleiad poets
of France, was called by a pun on his name. This pun may perhaps pass
muster; not so the preposterous title given to him of “The French
(Greek, Chrysologos). So St. Peter, Bishop of Ravenna, was
called. (433-450.) The golden section of a line. Its division
into two such parts that the rectangle contained by the smaller segment
and the whole line equals the square on the larger segment. (Euclid,
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Golden from Fact Monster:
- The Golden Gate Bridge - Golden Gate Bridge Opens May 27, 1937 by Marcus McGraw Source: Wide World Photos Even with views of ...
- Sacajawea Golden Dollar - The Sacagawea Golden Dollar The first new coin of the millennium Source: The U.S. Mint The ...
- Queen Elizabeth's Golden Jubilee - Queen Elizabeth celebrates 50 years on the throne.
- The Golden Legend - Golden Legend, The Golden Legend, The, collection of saints' lives written in the 13th cent. by ...
- golden retriever - golden retriever golden retriever, breed of large sporting dog developed primarily in Scotland in ...