The Philistine giant, slain by the stripling David with a small
stone hurled from a sling. (1 Sam. xvii. 23-54.). (See Giants.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Goliath from Fact Monster:
- Goliath - Goliath Goliath , in the Bible, a giant of Gath, a Philistine city, who challenged the Israelites. ...
- Goliath - Biography of Goliath, The giant slain by David's slingshot
- Giants - Giants Albanian giants are as tall as pine trees, with black beards that reach to their knees. They ...
- Lahmi - Lahmi Lahmi , in the Bible, giant brother of Goliath killed by Elhanan.
- Ephes-dammim - Ephes-dammim Ephes-dammim , in the Bible, bivouac of the Philistines when David killed Goliath. An ...