The Ungrateful Guest was the brand fixed by Philip of Macedon
on a Macedonian soldier who had been kindly entertained by a villager,
and, being asked by the king what he could give him, requested the farm
and cottage of his entertainer.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Guest from Fact Monster:
- Edwin Guest - Guest, Edwin Guest, Edwin, 1800–1880, English archaeologist and philologist. A founder of the ...
- Christopher Guest - Christopher Guest (Christopher Haden-Guest) actor, writer, director Born: 2/5/1948 Birthplace: New ...
- Green Weddings - Taking the environment into consideration when planning weddings.
- Jael - Jael Jael , in the Bible, heroine of the time of Deborah. She murdered Sisera, her guest.
- What does it mean? paroxysm - paroxysm -- Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format You watch helplessly as ...