(Greek, kithara; Latin, cithara; Italian,
chitarra; French, guitare. The Greek kithar is the
Hindu cha-tar (six-strings).
The best players on this instrument have been Guiliani, Sor,
Zoechi, Stoll, and Horetzsky.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Guitar from Fact Monster:
- guitar - guitar guitar, musical instrument related to the lute, modern guitars normally having six strings ...
- Stars Playing Les Paul Guitars - Biography of Stars Playing Les Paul Guitars,
- Analogy Quiz - (What is an analogy?) ENAMEL : TOOTH :: strings : _____ Hint fingers guitar taut Word Quiz Spelling ...
- Les Paul - Les Paul Born: 1915 Electric Guitar, Multi-Track Recording. Paul's innovations led to his first ...
- ukulele - ukulele ukulele , Hawaiian musical instrument developed from the Portuguese guitar. It has a ...