Heart of Hearts
(In one's). In one's inmost conviction. The heart is
often referred to as a second self. Shakespeare speaks of the “neck of
the heart” (Merchant of Venice, ii. 2); “the middle of the
(Cymbeline, i. 7). The heart of the heart is to the same
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Heart of Hearts from Fact Monster:
- heart, in anatomy - heart heart, muscular organ that pumps blood to all parts of the body. The rhythmic beating of the ...
- hearts - hearts hearts, card game played by three to six players with an ordinary deck. All the cards are ...
- Heart, river, United States - Heart Heart, river, 180 mi (290 km) long, rising in the low prairie country near the Little ...
- thrombosis - thrombosis thrombosis , obstruction of an artery or vein by a blood clot (thrombus). Arterial ...
- CIRCULATORY SYSTEM - The circulatory system is centred on the HEART, a muscular organ that rhythmically pumps BLOOD around a complex network of BLOOD VESSELS extending to