(2 syl.). Goddess of youth, and cup-bearer to the celestial
gods. She had the power of restoring the aged to youth and beauty. (Greek mythology.)
Such as hang on Hebe's cheek,
And love to live in dimple sleek.
Hebe vases. Small vases like a cotyliscos. So termed because Hebeis
represented as bearing one containing nectar for the gods.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Hebe from Fact Monster:
- Hebe - Hebe Hebe , in Greek religion and mythology, goddess of youth; daughter of Zeus and Hera and wife ...
- Zeus - Zeus Zeus , in Greek religion and mythology, son and successor of Kronos as supreme god. His ...
- Hercules, Greek hero - Hercules Hercules , Heracles,or Herakles, most popular of all Greek heroes, famous for ...
- Encyclopedia: Ancient Religion - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Ancient Religion.
- Ceres and the Asteroids - Ceres and the Asteroids Between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter are an estimated 30,000 pieces of ...