A book containing the text of the Bible in Hebrew and Greek,
with four translations, viz. the Septuagint, with those of Aquila,
Theodotion, and Symmachus. The whole is printed in six columns on the
page. This was the work of Origen, who also added marginal notes.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Hexapla from Fact Monster:
- Hexapla - Hexapla Hexapla [Gr.,=sixfold], polyglot edition of the Hebrew Bible prepared by Origen ...
- Polyglot Bible - Polyglot Bible Polyglot Bible , Bible in which different texts, often in different languages, are ...
- Encyclopedia: Bible: General - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Bible: General.
- Vulgate - Vulgate Vulgate [Lat. Vulgata editio=common edition], most ancient extant version of the whole ...
- Origen - Origen Origen , 185?–254?, Christian philosopher and scholar. His full name was Origines ...