Those who believe the Church [of England] the only true Church;
that its baptism is regeneration; and that its priests have the
delegated power of absolution (on confession and promise of
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on High Church from Fact Monster:
- High Church - High Church: High Church: see England, Church of.
- William King, English poet - King, William King, William, 1663–1712, English poet. He supported the Tory and High Church ...
- Charles Gore - Gore, Charles Gore, Charles, 1853–1932, English prelate and theologian. As the first ...
- Richard William Church - Church, Richard William Church, Richard William, 1815–90, English Anglican clergyman. He was ...
- Thomas Fleet - Fleet, Thomas Fleet, Thomas, 1685–1758, American colonial printer, b. Shropshire, England. He ...