I'll make the place too hot to hold him. (See Talus.)
I'll give it him hot and strong.
I'll rate him most soundly and severely. Liquor very hot and strong
takes one's breath away, and is apt to choke one.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Hot from Fact Monster:
- Dog Days of Summer - Dog Days of Summer The origins of the name for the most sultry days of the season Source: Columbia ...
- hot spring - hot spring hot spring, natural discharge of groundwater having an elevated temperature. Most hot ...
- National Hot Dog Month - Hot Dog History In honor of National Hot Dog Month, some answers to those dogging questions by Mike ...
- Mad Hot Ballroom - Synopsis, rating, and other information
- Clauses: Adverb Clauses: Hot Shots - Clauses Adverb Clauses: Hot Shots Clauses Introduction Subordinating Conjunctions Link 'Em ...