Styled My Lord. Grose says this was done in the reign of
Richard III., when many deformed men were made peers; but probably the
word is the Greek lordos (crooked).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Hunchback from Fact Monster:
- hunchback - hunchback hunchback, abnormal outward curvature of the spine in the thoracic region. It is also ...
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame - Starring Tom Hulce, Demi Moore, Kevin Kline, Jason Alexander, Bill Fagerbakke
- humpback - humpback: humpback: see hunchback.
- kyphosis - kyphosis kyphosis : see hunchback.
- gnome - gnome gnome , in folklore, tiny subterranean creature associated with mines and quarries. Usually ...